Barley, Smoked Paprika Red Potatoes, and Hard Boiled Egg
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon muscavado sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons minced scallions or chives
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut potatoes in bite-size cubes. In a large baking dish, add potatoes and minced garlic. Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, sugar, salt, and turmeric. Using a spoon or your hands, toss everything together so that potatoes are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and stir the barley into the hot pan. Divide into bowls and top with sliced hardboiled egg, blue cheese crumbles, and scallions.